• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Questions about 1964 25c with toning should I submit for grading also 1982 D small date

6 posts in this topic

I think that the grading and postage fees for the quarter would exceed its value, so would not submit it for grading. Have you weighed the 1982-D cent to determine whether it’s a copper example? 

Sorry just getting off of work replying to your question yes I have scale reading 3.1g so the weight is accurate as well as it being a small date so I have no clue as what the process & procedures are for submitting! So any help in the right direction would be totally appreciated! Thanks

I think I would double check your scale.  Confirm the reading with some other known copper and copper plated zinc coins.  This piece really looks like a zinc cent.

15 hours ago, Conder101 said:

I think I would double check your scale.  Confirm the reading with some other known copper and copper plated zinc coins.  This piece really looks like a zinc cent.

In looking at the 1982-D cent, I have to agree......it really does look like a zinc coin to me as well.  I'd test the scale in the manner Conder suggested and go from there.  If the scale is off and you have a zinc cent, it could save you a lot of money.  If you test the scale and everything comes up the same, then I'd start looking seriously at grading the 1982-D cent.

Ok thanks guys every as far as weight checks out compared weight of other copper cents as well as zinc weight is 3.1 on the small date so is there some way I could maybe contact ngc because I don't have a clue about the process and procedures for submitting any help will be greatly appreciated