• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1957 Jefferson Nickel Proof IGS Graded PR-70

9 posts in this topic

(1). There is no such thing as a "correctly graded" gold-toned PF-70 coin as any toning disqualifies the coin from a 70 grade.

(2) A "correctly graded" 1957 NGC PF-69 Jefferson nickel is currently listed on ebay at $144.95 Buy-it-now.  

(3) Many "correctly graded" 1957 NGC PF-68 Jefferson nickels are currently listed on ebay for $15.

(4) There are exactly zero 1957 NGC PF-70 Jefferson nickels.  Yours will certainly not be the first.  

I suspect IGS is another of those "graders" like Accugrade that just assign the grade the customer wants without even looking at the coin.  EBay use to be littered with Accugrade MS-67's with obvious wear and XF-40's with the rims worn flat and partial dates.  

Guys I’m not an expert but I have many nickels I spend every day that are silver. In fact I have never spent a gold toned nickel.  However, I also have many proof sets and sms sets from the late 50’s and 60’s and all of the nickels have a gold look to them in the proof sets.  The sms nickels are silver.

2 hours ago, Jte said:

Guys I’m not an expert but I have many nickels I spend every day that are silver. In fact I have never spent a gold toned nickel.  However, I also have many proof sets and sms sets from the late 50’s and 60’s and all of the nickels have a gold look to them in the proof sets.  The sms nickels are silver.

I'm not speaking for anybody else but I'm having a difficult time figuring out what you're trying to say.  Care to try it again differently?

I have sent in over 50 coins that IMHO were 70's. I got 1 back!!!!!  Go figure  Good luck with this sale . Maybe P.T.Barnum will come true for you