• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1943 COPPER penny

2 posts in this topic

I've recently found an old 1943 COPPER Lincoln penny In a roll of original old penny bank roll. I've done everything I've read and seen online on how to tell if it's real or fake, the penny has an elongated bottom half of the 3, the penny weighs exactly 3.11 grams and isn't magnetic. I personally just dont wsnt to spend the $25 just to send 1 penny to get authenticated what should I do? 

• Administrator

Hi Jayburn,

Neat find! Submitting the coin will give you the most definitive answer on authenticity and grade. If the coin is in fact genuine, it will be encapsulated and protected against any mishandling. If you choose not to submit directly, we recommend that you contact a reputable dealer, who can help to authenticate the coin and can even provide assistance on submitting the coin for grading.  

Thank you for your interest in NGC. 

Ronnie