• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

School me on silver Cameo Washington quarters

6 posts in this topic

I have a few silver proof quarters that I think might grade as cameos. I have noticed that most listing for Washies on EBay are in NGC holders. Is there a reason for this? I remember when these were a hot item years back. By looking at the prices now, looks as if they tanked. I might just buy a few now that the prices have come down. Any thoughts on the upside potential of these coins.

Check the "population" report on each date and mint to see how many are out there (available).  Some, if not all of these have had some major population bumps as submitters have sent new found gems in for grading.  You're doing it right.  Buy low, sell high.

What dates are you looking at ? Prior to 1950 none have been certified cameo. After 1960 heavy cameo should be considered collectable. 1950, 51 and 52 should be put away when nice cameos are found.