• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1953 s penny error
1 1

6 posts in this topic

Trying to figure out the three,and also if that is a die chip above the three. The bottom of the S looks off. Idk interesting. What's your thoughts. 🤔

20190329_181515.jpg

It's been a long time getting information on this topic. Just wondering if this could be a poor boy DD.

Here's what I see in your Lincoln.

That's not a die chip above the 3, it has taken a small hit and displaced the metal.

Not sure about the "S", it is a little out of focus and hard for me to tell.

The "L" is there, on a 1953 it is close to the rim to start. It might have been moved slightly, but there is some Die Deterioration happening. Note the 3 and the fields around the rim.

3 minutes ago, Greenstang said:

Here's what I see in your Lincoln.

That's not a die chip above the 3, it has taken a small hit and displaced the metal.

Not sure about the "S", it is a little out of focus and hard for me to tell.

The "L" is there, on a 1953 it is close to the rim to start. It might have been moved slightly, but there is some Die Deterioration happening. Note the 3 and the fields around the rim.

Thank you, wasn't sure about this coin. All that sounds right to me. By looking at the S close up I see RPM and then I don't. It depends on how I focus with the migurfine glass. 

Agreed with Greenstang.....he's got this one correct on all counts.