• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1971 S 1 Cent is this a triple strike ?

14 posts in this topic

No. You’ve asked (here and on at least one other forum) about multiple coins, most of which are not errors.

Have you been trying to learn about errors by reading and consulting guides and articles? If so, which ones?

It's tough to keep new collectors interested in this hobby without burning out the old and experienced collectors that have literally seen it all multiple times and are tired of wasting what little time they have left trying to explain stupid meaningless stuff to newbies that think they have discovered something worth millions.  I really wish there were more people out there willing to google stuff, and maybe do some searching on their own before posting questions.  Personally, I usually ignore these questions and move along.  But that doesn't serve anyone.

Well I would of loved to done the research on this penny but there is no research I've looked I do the research I post the coin then wait to see what u guys think about it i think that's what ur on here for isnt it 

I agree with the others that you have posted many of these cents asking about specific errors and I have seen you post on the Collectors forum asking the same questions.  You can google "Triple Strike" and get results just as I just did in 5 seconds. Look at your cent and the example shown below and see if there is a difference between yours and it. I realize you are a very new and unknowledgeable collector but you are taking NO initiative to do any research on your own. You might want to try it for a while before you start losing members that will no longer respond to your threads.

triple_struck_1-355x329.jpg

That's actually a double strike with the second strike also being a saddle strike.  Dual die press and the coin was struck by both dies at the same time on the second strike.

3 hours ago, Conder101 said:

That's actually a double strike with the second strike also being a saddle strike.  Dual die press and the coin was struck by both dies at the same time on the second strike.

Well that was the first image I found that came from this website.

http://lincolncentresource.com/Errors/Triple_Strike.html