• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1970 d pac man

7 posts in this topic

I posted a 1969 d before, and this one is the same, it's the E next to pluribus. C'mon guys that's pretty weird. Hahahaha lol, just kidding thought it was pretty cool to find another one.

20190324_223546.jpg

Now I just found a 1972, that is just funny. I know it's a slightly die chip. But that is so cool. 😁😎

20190325_091051.jpg

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

That part of the reverse is opposite the high relief of Lincoln's shoulder and did not strike up well. It's pretty common on 1959-83 cents, but the Mint solved this problem by hollowing out Lincoln's shoulder starting with 1984.

I believe he is referring to the die chip in the top of the E in E PLURIBUS that makes it look like a rectangular Pacman.

And the Mint didn't solve the problem very well as weakness in STATES OF remained common to the end of the Memorial series.

Thanks guy's, really finding something like is cool. But every one talks about a pac man, Well I feel that's probably the closest to a pac man you might see on a coin. Especially something that resembles eating the dot, which was mentioned in my 1969 post. But I do know there's no such thing as a pac man error. But still hunting for some more cool errors.