• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1930 penny laminated

7 posts in this topic

Seen one in other post, thought I would post mine. I know mine is laminate. But my question is, is that a die chip on the side of the 1 in the date. 

20190318_083759.jpg

Looks like it could be a die chip. I would struggle to imagine any other way that could happen, since the digit itself is not deformed.

9 minutes ago, JKK said:

Looks like it could be a die chip. I would struggle to imagine any other way that could happen, since the digit itself is not deformed.

Thank you JKK, another question. Should I have this coin in a holder for more protection. Until I find another one. Because I was going to put it in my album collection. 

Putting it in a 2x2 in an album should be protection enough, but if you want a hard plastic holder, you could try these do-it-yourself slabs HERE

Here is a picture:

image.png.51b7f941196534936beadd6039a28361.png

1 hour ago, Just Bob said:

Putting it in a 2x2 in an album should be protection enough, but if you want a hard plastic holder, you could try these do-it-yourself slabs HERE

Here is a picture:

image.png.51b7f941196534936beadd6039a28361.png

Thank you bob, I'll see if I can't do that. That's really cool.

Bob's right. A saflip or cardboard flip would open possibility for the lamination to take damage. Cheap way: airtite. Nicer but slightly costlier way: the slabs Bob pointed out.