• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So, in regards to another thread, Let's see those NGC CAC stickerd slabs!

47 posts in this topic

On ‎3‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 9:19 AM, Numismatic, A.A.S. said:

Hard to get a sticker on that 1864 small motto...I bet that's rarer with the cac than people think...

I like those older holder coins. Why are they for sale ?

On 3/17/2019 at 10:48 PM, bsshog40 said:

I only have one!

$_57.jpg

Could you post the other side of this coin Bobby

Couldn't resist putting together a sub-type set, what with the modest numismatic premium over common pieces. Makes a nice display. Went for stickered coins, as I do value another opinion and din't really pay up for the beans. 

IMG_0316.jpg

On 3/23/2019 at 10:33 AM, numisport said:

I like those older holder coins. Why are they for sale ?

Because there's $$money$$ in it...certain people are reaping huge profits off the fact that grading standards have changed...2/3 rds of the older holders can be upgraded....supposedly....

Alot of collectors like the fact these haven't been tampered with....

6 hours ago, LINCOLNMAN said:

Couldn't resist putting together a sub-type set, what with the modest numismatic premium over common pieces. Makes a nice display. Went for stickered coins, as I do value another opinion and din't really pay up for the beans. 

Sweet looking group of gold :bigsmile:, what holder/display box is that?  Lighthouse perhaps?

20 hours ago, Coinbuf said:

Sweet looking group of gold :bigsmile:, what holder/display box is that?  Lighthouse perhaps?

Thanks Coinbuf. I'll check the brand. I have a number of wooden and leatherette boxes that I've used for type and birthday sets - found on eBay. I miss the old albums and Capitol displays. It was great seeing one's coins together as a set. These boxes are the next best thing for me. 

Reason I am selling is just want to refocus on other sets. Working on a bust half dollars set for one and still thinking of working on the gold page of my 7070. Also eyes are just not what they use to be so need something bigger then those 3 cent silver's

I did see that Great Collections has it on there banner on the home page. Not sure where they came up with the name Davio but I welcome the extra page views.

20190325_174349.jpg

On 3/24/2019 at 3:46 PM, LINCOLNMAN said:

IMG_0316.jpg

Nice group....love that luster!!!

23 hours ago, Numismatic, A.A.S. said:

Because there's $$money$$ in it...certain people are reaping huge profits off the fact that grading standards have changed...2/3 rds of the older holders can be upgraded....supposedly....

Alot of collectors like the fact these haven't been tampered with....

Thanks I am hoping for huge money also, fill free to bid and bid often😁

Several from ATS have CAC stickers also but don't want to hijack the tread by posting them

8 hours ago, bartlesvilleok said:

Thanks I am hoping for huge money also, fill free to bid and bid often😁

Several from ATS have CAC stickers also but don't want to hijack the tread by posting them

I'm currently recovering from some purchases but I will look into it.

14 hours ago, Numismatic, A.A.S. said:

Nice group....love that luster!!!

Many Thanks. I have lots of skepticism regarding CAC, but JA does seem to pick out superior gold. These all looked nice for the grade. Interesting that the smaller coins in 63 (not able to see from photos) match up well with the larger coins in 64. I've often found this to be the case with graded coins when it comes to eye appeal. I guess with the smaller coins technical flaws aren't nearly as apparent to the naked eye or with low magnification. . 

On 3/23/2019 at 10:03 AM, jgrinz said:

Could you post the other side of this coin Bobby

Here's the pics I took closeup Mike!

3.jpg

4.jpg