• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2005 P SMS 10C Roosevelt

2 posts in this topic

On the NGC Coin Explorer guide for the 2005 SMS 10C Roosevelt dime, it shows registry points for each grade and attribute(MS, FT and PL).  The registry points are shown on this page:  https://www.ngccoin.com/coin-explorer/roosevelt-dimes-1946-date-pscid-32/2005-p-sms-10c-ms-coinid-822809

If you look down to the coins displayed from individual members you will notice a discrepancy between those coins and the registry points.  I noticed it when I added a 2005 SMS dime into my registry set and it was worth only 28 points.  The NGC Coin Explorer guide page with the registry information says the coin I added should be worth 1271 registry points(MS67FT).  The coins shown on the page I referenced above were graded MS69FT.  In the same box as the grade it shows registry points, these coins received 653 points when right above in the registry points it says the coins should receive 2765.  Which is correct?  The NGC Coin Explorer page or what came up when I added the coin.

I just noticed the auction page may have a coin or two that is not a dime.

Thanks for you help.

On 3/16/2019 at 10:36 PM, Coin Cave said:

On the NGC Coin Explorer guide for the 2005 SMS 10C Roosevelt dime, it shows registry points for each grade and attribute(MS, FT and PL).  The registry points are shown on this page:  https://www.ngccoin.com/coin-explorer/roosevelt-dimes-1946-date-pscid-32/2005-p-sms-10c-ms-coinid-822809

If you look down to the coins displayed from individual members you will notice a discrepancy between those coins and the registry points.  I noticed it when I added a 2005 SMS dime into my registry set and it was worth only 28 points.  The NGC Coin Explorer guide page with the registry information says the coin I added should be worth 1271 registry points(MS67FT).  The coins shown on the page I referenced above were graded MS69FT.  In the same box as the grade it shows registry points, these coins received 653 points when right above in the registry points it says the coins should receive 2765.  Which is correct?  The NGC Coin Explorer page or what came up when I added the coin.

I just noticed the auction page may have a coin or two that is not a dime.

Thanks for you help.

Hello, 

Thank you for the inquiry. The NGC Coin Explorer may reflect the highest point value a coin can receive in any set, but the point values can vary depending upon the variety of a coin and whether it is a date set or a type set.  We always recommend you go to the actual NGC REGISTRY set to look for the score of a coin.  Thank you.