• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1946 D LWC DROPPED LETTER W OR LAMINATION

7 posts in this topic

No it does not happen alot. The mint looks for lamination problems in the sheets but it does get thru sometimes. Yours is a pretty nice example. Most laminations are more like small cracks. Having one that the delaminated part is still attached is nice. If it were my coin I would have certified. Getting it in a holder will protect it. Its value would probably not exceed the cost to get if certified however.

19 minutes ago, asdfgh said:

No it does not happen alot. The mint looks for lamination problems in the sheets but it does get thru sometimes. Yours is a pretty nice example. Most laminations are more like small cracks. Having one that the delaminated part is still attached is nice. If it were my coin I would have certified. Getting it in a holder will protect it. Its value would probably not exceed the cost to get if certified however.

This delamination happened after the coin was struck. It is just damage. (or at least the folding back part did.)

Thank you everone who committed on the delamination 1946 D lincoln. Little devil Ill call it from now on. you all have been a great help and yes certification is on my agenda thanks again you all were great

You can get it certified, but just consider that the coin is probably not worth more than a dollar or two and certification is going to cost you $30 to $50.If you are willing to sink that much into it go ahead.