• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Real or fake 34s peace dollar

14 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, JKK said:

What does it weigh?

No clue.. It's just a photo from a Ebay seller. I thought about buying it and checking it out, but if it's fake I would have to deal with shipping it back and getting refund.  

2 hours ago, Knox21 said:

No clue.. It's just a photo from a Ebay seller. I thought about buying it and checking it out, but if it's fake I would have to deal with shipping it back and getting refund.  

In that case I recommend not buying it or checking it out. Save yourself the hassle.

1 hour ago, Just Bob said:

I don't like the look of that at all.

Agreed....it does look pretty sketchy.  I'd avoid that one myself.

do you have the link? this appears sketchier than it looks. Although the San Fran Mint struck coins poorly on the peace dollars, i still see some inconsistencies in the coin. 

6 minutes ago, BipolarBaby said:

after reviewing this coin, I don't believe it's a fake. 

The seller said he thought it was real but possibly cleaned and that if I buy it, he wouldn't have a problem with me returning it if it didn't check out on my end. Since there's really nothing to lose, I went ahead a bought it. I think it's a pretty neat coin if real. 

Not quite nice enough for the set I'm trying to put together, but something I'll keep because I think it's kinda odd. 

Got the coin, looks real, but harshly cleaned. I didn't check it out any further,  returning it to the seller. 

Learning that these guys have a way of taking pictures that hide cleaning. 

4 minutes ago, JKK said:

Did they seriously send it crammed into a half dollar flip? Now that's cheesy.

Haha yeah, I ended taking it out and putting in a dollar flip and a 2.5 to send it back.