• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New vs Old Registry for SLQ's

10 posts in this topic

Hi

I just started looking at the new registry today,  standing liberty quarters, and noticed that in the new registry PCGS coins get values now?

Just wanted to confirm that as an arbitrary set has 2 different values (new vs old registry).

I looked in the  faq's but didn't see anything about that or I couldn't find it!

Do all PCGS coins get values in the new registry?

thanks and apologize if this has been discussed here before!

• Administrator
25 minutes ago, Kurgan said:

Hi

I just started looking at the new registry today,  standing liberty quarters, and noticed that in the new registry PCGS coins get values now?

Just wanted to confirm that as an arbitrary set has 2 different values (new vs old registry).

I looked in the  faq's but didn't see anything about that or I couldn't find it!

Do all PCGS coins get values in the new registry?

thanks and apologize if this has been discussed here before!

Thank you for the question, Kurgan.

PCGS coins that have been "grandfathered in" on the Collector Society website which appear on the new NGC Registry on NGCcoin.com receive the same score.

Hi, I'm still missing something.  Take baddog/Motor City in the old registry is #5 in SLQ's with 41064 points.  In the new registry he has 93184 points.

Same coins.  But in the old registry the PCGS coins didn't count but they do in the new because they are grandfathered in?

Thanks for your help!

17 hours ago, Kurgan said:

Hi, I'm still missing something.  Take baddog/Motor City in the old registry is #5 in SLQ's with 41064 points.  In the new registry he has 93184 points.

Same coins.  But in the old registry the PCGS coins didn't count but they do in the new because they are grandfathered in?

Thanks for your help!

In the "old" NGC Registry, you have the option to view your US set score and rank two different ways, one is with PCGS coins included and the other is without PCGS coins included. In the new Registry, there is currently only one (complete) way to view your score and rank.  You may toggle between ALL COIN/NGC Coins in the Filter Ranking setting in the "old" NGC Registry.

Please let us know when we may assist in the future with the NGC Registry. We look forward to hearing any other feedback you may have on the new release of the NGC Registry. You may reach us best at registry@ngccoin.com.

15 minutes ago, Kurgan said:

Can you help me find that setting in the old registry?

I have a  filter sets drop down but can't toggle between NGC and all coins?

image.png.b52dc4125c1e0ea8437222a15983cbcd.png

thank you!

image.png

Hello, 

You will need to select the set category under Quarter Dollars to see the Filter Rankings.

image.png.7cd2324e72afddbc758e78623b6ed8a9.png

19 minutes ago, Kurgan said:

Can you help me find that setting in the old registry?

I have a  filter sets drop down but can't toggle between NGC and all coins?

image.png.b52dc4125c1e0ea8437222a15983cbcd.png

thank you!

image.png

Go one step further and pick the set type. You should then see a line under "Filter Sets," which says "Filter Rankings: All Coins/NGC Coins"  You can toggle between the two by clicking which ever one is highlighted.

Guess I was too slow :p

• Administrator

We are happy to assist. Feel free to reach out to us at registry@ngccoin.com if you have any other questions or comments.