• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1886 Battle Creek Morgan, new purchase, NGC 65 Star, CAC.

16 posts in this topic

I've wanted a Battle Creek for years and this was priced right, and came around at the right time.

It is on its way back from the sticker factory.  My final purchase from the forums ATS.

1886battlecreekn64starobvw.jpg
1886battlecreekn64starrevw.jpg

8 hours ago, Mk123 said:

nice newp, heard about what happened ATS with you.

Whatever you've heard, if it wasn't from me, it probably wasn't the full story.  I know a certain individual chimed in on a particular thread that has since been poofed, but that accounting was... wildly inaccurate, and I'll refrain from saying anything further publicly at this time.

Thanks RE the newp!  :)

Congrats on your new addition, sorry to hear that you received the ban hammer ats.  Things are much slower here but hope you enjoy and welcome.

The toning on that is great! I really dig that.  I don't know anything about anything ATS (I've never been a member there and I have no desire to), but I'm glad you decided to come over here.  I know we've had some unpleasantness with a couple of members here as of late, but that's the exception and not the norm.  While it can be slow here sometimes, it's usually a much more chill and fun forum.  There's some very knowledgeable people here with very diverse collecting interests, which makes it really fun.  Thanks for sharing your new pickup with us!

Wow, that is amazing rainbow hues.  BTW, what is a Battle Creek Morgan vice a regular Morgan?

NVR Mind, I googled it and got the whole story.  Now I want one.  (:

3 hours ago, Mokiechan said:

Wow, that is amazing rainbow hues.  BTW, what is a Battle Creek Morgan vice a regular Morgan?

NVR Mind, I googled it and got the whole story.  Now I want one.  (:

While it was mostly a gimmick to sell the toners, the premiums are real, and the coins are, for the most part, pretty incredible!

1 hour ago, FADE TO BLACK said:

While it was mostly a gimmick to sell the toners, the premiums are real, and the coins are, for the most part, pretty incredible!

Nice BC and

Welcome.gif