Your Opinion: 5 Dollar 1912 Indian Head
1 1

8 posts in this topic

16 posts

Hey guys,
how would you grade this nice Indian Head? I had a few ones in the hand now and I think that this one has still a good luster. It has more luster and less Details than the Denver mint type i posted a minuite ago.
Unfortunately it is very hard to take photos of these coins :-(
Greetings
Alex

1.JPG

4.JPG

6.JPG

a.JPG

c.JPG

d.JPG

e.JPG

f.JPG

16 posts

Thanks a lot for your help! :-)

The mint luster is a good indicator for traces of harm. Unfortunately it very hard to show it. That is why I made a video. Does it affect your Opinion about the coin? 

17,027 posts

It does have some nice luster but I'm with mark as it looks about 62. Lot of small contact marks. 

2,866 posts

Man, am I terrible at interpreting anything with this series.  But if Mark says MS 62, I'd go with it.

2,182 posts
3 hours ago, bsshog40 said:

It does have some nice luster but I'm with mark as it looks about 62. Lot of small contact marks. 

I think those marks on the Indian's cheek are going to hurt it pretty bad too.

10 posts

I was at 58 from the pics, but kept bouncing between 58 and 62... Vid tells me 62 all day.  Maybe a 63 on a Friday afternoon.

16 posts

Thank you very much for your opinion. I think that this coin would be MS 62 or MS 63. It has a lot of luster and just a few scratches. The leak of detail at the obverse seems to be normal. All the MS 65/66 pieces I can find at the Internet have a weak strike as well. I think that this coin is much better than the average and I am happy to have it in my type collection :)