• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Whats up with this Pop-up?

15 posts in this topic

Everytime I log-in and change pages within the threads, I get this always popping up at the bottom of my screen. I have changed my settings to No Notifications. Is this my Win 10 doing this to me? 

note bar.jpg

Hit your notifications bell at top of page, open window and click on settings. Mine may be different with windows 7 and I admit I'm not real good at this stuff. You may have inadvertently changed a setting.

In order for my 8 year old MacBook Pro to work "fine," I routinely clear the entire History with the click of a button.

It sort of resets everything, clears out caches, and erases cookies and other website data.  (Passwords are saved for all websites, in a password vault.)

When I come back to NGC, I need to log on, and I come in through the Registry page, where I click the Log On box, my log on info appears, I just click it and hit "return," and I'm logged on.

Then, when I hit the Chat Boards to come here, I immediately get a Safari alert window, which has to do with NGC wanting to send me Notifications.

It is a question of "allow" or "don't allow."  I always click "don't allow," and I'm never asked this Safari question further, until I clear the entire History again, and the whole process repeats.

I've never gotten pop ups, ever.

Btw, I do get Notification pop ups when someone replies or reacts to a post I've made when I'm on the Chat Boards.

But I don't get the sort of pop ups you describe, from just browsing around.

On 3/3/2019 at 5:52 PM, bsshog40 said:

Yea I have disabled notifications but it still pops up all the time. Oh well, guess I'll live with it. 

Do not let Microsoft control you - Wassup Bob.

Its  windows 10 setting that must have been switched on somehow

Bottom left hit the window - On The pop up on the right hit settings

In the window type in notifications

Hit the Notifications actions and settings menu button

Scroll right window down until you see that "get notifications from aps and other senders" - you will probably see that on.

shut it off and close out all windows

should be good after that

Goodday Mate 

23 hours ago, jgrinz said:

Do not let Microsoft control you - Wassup Bob.

Its  windows 10 setting that must have been switched on somehow

Bottom left hit the window - On The pop up on the right hit settings

In the window type in notifications

Hit the Notifications actions and settings menu button

Scroll right window down until you see that "get notifications from aps and other senders" - you will probably see that on.

shut it off and close out all windows

should be good after that

Goodday Mate 

Whats up my friend! 

Yea I have turned every notification that I am able to off but it still pops up. I'm pretty sure its a win 10 issue but it's odd as it's only this site that it pops up on. 

On 3/10/2019 at 7:19 PM, bsshog40 said:

Whats up my friend! 

Yea I have turned every notification that I am able to off but it still pops up. I'm pretty sure its a win 10 issue but it's odd as it's only this site that it pops up on. 

When you hit the bell on the top right on the forum and hit notifications settings do you see this picture ???

screen.jpg

15 hours ago, jgrinz said:

Scroll down there is another page of stuff

Yea, I only have a couple of those on pertaining to post responses or quotes. Other than that, all are off. I ain't gonna worry about it.