• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Baltimore Show

5 posts in this topic

Friday was a partially snowy/rainy day. This may have led folks to say home and not attend the show. This was actually enjoyable because I took a little time talking to some people. Usually I am in a rush to cover all the tables and drive home before rush hour begins. I ended up selling a few coins and while I was only looking to pick up a sovereign or two, I wish that I took the time to expand my search into other areas. There just wasn't enough time. One of these days I'll have to stay longer. I enjoyed meeting Star City Homer and Zohar among others. Sorry to hear that jgenn wasn't able to make it. I walked into an interesting conversation between a couple of dealers talking about the PBS series Victoria. I collect sovereigns including the Victoria series so I had some fun with it. As for new pickups - I found a few nice sovereigns, but they were duplicates. One that I ended up purchasing for a decent price, is a rare (I'd call it scarce) 1858 sovereign. This has the fourth lowest mintage of all London Victoria shields. While not all that attractive, it is a decent grade and for the price...  The show was well organized and is always worth attending.

image.jpg

image.jpg