• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My Etsy.com website US Silver Coins

10 posts in this topic

Jeff, To be perfectly honest, i will never  buy anything listed on Etsy. They have no regard for counterfeits what so ever. I do not intend to be rude, disrespectful, or unappreciative of the offer in any way.

I only tell you this because I know I am not the only one that feels this way. I believe my honest opinion is better than saying something that would make someone feel good  if it isn't true. 

Please excuse my candor and believe me when I say that I only want to help.

Ed

I'd recommend finding a better platform to sell your coins on.  Etsy has a very bad reputation (maybe the worst reputation) in the numismatic community and you likely won't be very successful selling coins on there.  I know that I myself would never purchase anything on there at all, coins or otherwise.

Ed,

Almost all of my listings are certified by NGC. So you can look it up. If you want I can send you a photo of the coin I will send you (especially if I have more than 1) so that you can verify the listing.

Jeff

Jeff.....it doesn't matter if your coins are certified or not.  There are fake NGC, PCGS and ANACS slabs out there and many of them end up on Etsy.  This is exactly the kind of issue we're trying to inform you of regarding Etsy.

Also, I feel I should mention that many serious collectors will not purchase coins from sellers on Etsy on principle, even if the certification can be verified and everything.  Etsy is the single worst place I've ever seen for counterfeit coins, counterfeit TPG slabs and sellers trying to dump worthless coins for exorbitant amounts of money.  They know these things, and they do nothing about them.  Etsy just lets it go on and on.  They're making money and they don't care.  Etsy makes its money through sellers on its platform.  Buying from sellers on Etsy, regardless of what they're selling, "feeds the monster", so to speak.  So many collectors will not do it.  I know I won't.  Many of us just want Etsy to go away as it really is a plague on our hobby.

I have to agree with you @Mohawk.

Jeff, there are other platforms that have similar listing abilities, I would highly recommend moving to another. Ebayhttps://collectivecoin.com/, here on NGC marketplace are a few options. 

It looks to me like you have appropriate pricing, some nice coins and a good attitude. That is what it takes to sell what you don't want to keep.