• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre-PL grading

11 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

If the holder is one more than 20 years old (lacking the PNG image on the hologram) then it probably pre-dates the expanded PL recognition.

On 2/27/2019 at 9:43 AM, DWLange said:

If the holder is one more than 20 years old (lacking the PNG image on the hologram) then it probably pre-dates the expanded PL recognition.

I was able to check and it has the half hologram with only the NGC and ANA logos. I'll get it shipped out for regrade. 

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Just Bob said:

Whether it comes back PL or not, it sounds like it would be a good looking coin. I would love to see pics.

It is quite attractive, I'm interested to see if NCS can remove some haze in the fields as well. I'll see if I can get a decent picture or two.

12 hours ago, Just Bob said:

Whether it comes back PL or not, it sounds like it would be a good looking coin. I would love to see pics.

My pictures aren't that great, I struggle photographing small coins

IMG_0006.thumb.JPG.7e86ef53f937e7349fc108420ad51b03.JPG

IMG_0004.thumb.JPG.ff75ca722435fc9157c898475cf43735.JPG

On 4/3/2019 at 4:13 PM, Just Bob said:

Be sure and post a picture showing it in its new holder. A PL designation deserves a little bragging.;)

Not back yet but here is the cert page with the NGC slab picture. 

Helps if I actually paste it in...

https://www.ngccoin.com/certlookup/4726567-001/66/

Edited by ChrisH821
forgot to paste