• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

10 dlls mormon pure gold coin

12 posts in this topic

The seam along the rim would make me apprehensive, but other than that, I can't tell from the photo. You'd need to have it tested. If it's really gold, that would be a nice find.

1 hour ago, Alex in PA. said:

"I WOULDN'T try sending it in to NGC to see what they say !"

No, I would just take the word of a stranger over paid professionals. :applause:

I think in this case that would be solid advice. Unless of course the OP would rather waste good money sending in a fake coin. The edge alone is a dead giveaway. Here are a few pictures of genuine examples. 

93AEC7E2-F22B-4842-8DE8-F64FA520919A.thumb.jpeg.bab953c34ce03c85bd9dd80788d2ae79.jpeg

10 hours ago, Alex in PA. said:

No, I would just take the word of a stranger over paid professionals. :applause:

I'm not a stranger. I'm Bob.

On 2/27/2019 at 7:45 AM, Alex in PA. said:

The pros are also strangers, unless you know them.

41 minutes ago, Alex in PA. said:

guess I better keep my mouth shut.  Won't happen again.

No worries; it's all good. I may not always know what I am talking about, but in this case I am certain. That piece is unquestionably not genuine.

Add me to the list of those who are confident that the coin is a copy. It would be a waste of money to submit it for grading.