• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

website redesign

8 posts in this topic

I feel as though the new website redesign is a step backwards.  Everything is to big, I am constantly having to scroll and turn pages and I cannot find the collection manager.  Please tell me there is a way to view the old site.

I always seem to have mixed feelings on these things. You get so used to the old system and you get attached to it and major changes can almost always be off-putting and we hate making adjustments to how we do things. It's human nature and it's hard to step back and take an objective look at something when we're so used to the old one and biased towards it.

For my 2 cents, I think the update is probably needed. In terms of the internet and the progress / development of webpage design, the old registry is a dinosaur and needs an overhaul. A new, more modern look will help bring in new collectors and new members of the community and that is all good for everyone.

I think if I could approach both systems with cold, impartial eyes, I'd like the look of the new pages more and I like the way the new look is harmonized with the look they've given to the webpages and the forums here.

There are some things about the new system I don't like. I do not like the fact that they have the countries displayed in order of which country has the largest number of registry sets. I hate that really. I much prefer alphabetical order by the name of the country. I don't know where my set's country ranks in terms of number of registry sets and even if I do, that can change over time. The alphabetical order of the sets does not change over time.

I also wish they changed the system a little to de-emphasize holes / slots for which you don't have a coin. I think the best example of why this bugs me is my Rooster or Winged Genius French sets - I have only one coin in the set but the display gives equal visual weight to all the slots with no coin, so I feel like my coin gets lost in a see of gaps / empty slots.

I'll be looking forward to seeing it as they do some fine-tuning and roll it out. I do think it's awesome and will look better - for sets that are mostly full / complete anyway. I just wish it was a little easier to find what I want to find.

• Administrator

Thank you for the feedback, gentleman.

We truly appreciate your input. I will share it with our team. The Collection Manager is still available on the Collector Society website. It is something we are looking to add to the new Registry in the future. Thank you. 

On 2/23/2019 at 6:51 PM, Revenant said:

I also wish they changed the system a little to de-emphasize holes / slots for which you don't have a coin. I think the best example of why this bugs me is my Rooster or Winged Genius French sets - I have only one coin in the set but the display gives equal visual weight to all the slots with no coin, so I feel like my coin gets lost in a see of gaps / empty slots.

You can re-sort to see only those you have (or don't have):

slots.jpg