• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1984 d nickel DDR

8 posts in this topic

Hi Hinkle,

From what I see, it looks like your coin has die deterioration doubling.  Your coin was struck from a reverse die that was on its last legs and had deteriorated around the lettering, causing the doubling.  As far as I know, this type of doubling does not add any value to your coin.

9 minutes ago, Mohawk said:

Hi Hinkle,

From what I see, it looks like your coin has die deterioration doubling.  Your coin was struck from a reverse die that was on its last legs and had deteriorated around the lettering, causing the doubling.  As far as I know, this type of doubling does not add any value to your coin.

Thank you mohawk, thought I would try out some nickels for a change. But don't get me wrong I still love my pennies. But will see how some nickels go.😁

3 hours ago, Just Bob said:

I think they got their money's worth out of that die.

I'd agree wholeheartedly.....that die was in rough shape when that coin was made.  I'd say they pushed that one as far as it would go.

14 hours ago, Mohawk said:

I'd agree wholeheartedly.....that die was in rough shape when that coin was made.  I'd say they pushed that one as far as it would go.

What do think, put it on esty call it the 3D doubling. Then list it for 10,000. Hahahaha lol.🤣 what's funny I was checking that esty out, and some of them coins aren't even errors. Got to be careful about certain things on there.

17 minutes ago, Hinkle said:

What do think, put it on esty call it the 3D doubling. Then list it for 10,000. Hahahaha lol.🤣 what's funny I was checking that esty out, and some of them coins aren't even errors. Got to be careful about everything on there.

Fixed that for you. ;)