• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Conservation

4 posts in this topic

I just received a bunch of coins back from NGC grading and got a PF69 on a gold coin that I think can be conserved and then be regraded to a PF70. Is that something I can do? In other words can NCS look at the coin and if in their opinion the grade won't improve with conservation they can charge me and  return the coin? Thanks

Here is the issue with this RP 2018 Libertad. Looks like stains but could be scratches. Also, wouldn't of NGC notified me if they thought this could improve the grade or did it just slip by?

C716231A-04F0-4231-A539-11AD3F15E78C.jpeg

I think I found my answer to my question. If NGC does not think my coin will benefit from conservation then NCS will send the coin back to me with a $5 charge and shipping charges. Correct?

• Administrator

Dear Don,

Thank you.  If our graders felt that conservation would have benefited the coin while it was here being graded, we would have emailed you.  You always have the option to send it back to us.  The cost will be the Conservation Fee plus the grading.

Thank you,

Lisa

4 minutes ago, LISA B said:

Dear Don,

Thank you.  If our graders felt that conservation would have benefited the coin while it was here being graded, we would have emailed you.  You always have the option to send it back to us.  The cost will be the Conservation Fee plus the grading.

Thank you,

Lisa

But if the graders feel the grade will not improve then NCS will leave it in the slab? Who makes the call as whether or not the coin will improve with conservation. NGC or NCS. I would think NCS because they are the ones that have the hands on experience in the conservation process.