• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1955 d penny

5 posts in this topic

I know this isn't a DD, but looks like the date slightly shifted. Or maybe not, it could be I'm looking at it differently  Haha. What my question is what's going on around his nose and lips. Would that be called mechanical doubling. Also looked at in god we trust, but thinking that's normal the way it looks, shifted on the tops  of letters. 

20190218_170942.jpg

Well, Hinkle, I cannot see any doubling at all from the photos.  My guess is that if it's there, it's machine doubling.  Machine doubling can be very subtle and difficult to photograph. 

You know, I've only been on this site here for a little time. But wanted to let you guy's know it's been an experience. I'm not knocking anybody down or making fun of anyone. When I go into a post sometimes to see what people have, I learn more with the info about the coin. And sometimes it makes me wonder if there playing a prank or joke on you guy's. But really there serious, Haha. I went to my mother's house the other day, she's asking me if I've seen the really cool coins that NGC is selling on there site. Never thought my mother would ever be interested in this hobby. But she browses around on NGC site at the varieties and such. She gets a good laugh when she reads up on some of the post in the chat boards. With your guy's reaction and others. Knowing you guy's have done this for years. That you all aren't going to say something about a coin if it isn't true. All I'm saying is that I have a good memory with my mother, I will never forget. So I thought I would throw that out  there. You guy's are doing a great job. Keep up the good info. 

3 hours ago, Hinkle said:

You know, I've only been on this site here for a little time. But wanted to let you guy's know it's been an experience. I'm not knocking anybody down or making fun of anyone. When I go into a post sometimes to see what people have, I learn more with the info about the coin. And sometimes it makes me wonder if there playing a prank or joke on you guy's. But really there serious, Haha. I went to my mother's house the other day, she's asking me if I've seen the really cool coins that NGC is selling on there site. Never thought my mother would ever be interested in this hobby. But she browses around on NGC site at the varieties and such. She gets a good laugh when she reads up on some of the post in the chat boards. With your guy's reaction and others. Knowing you guy's have done this for years. That you all aren't going to say something about a coin if it isn't true. All I'm saying is that I have a good memory with my mother, I will never forget. So I thought I would throw that out  there. You guy's are doing a great job. Keep up the good info. 

Hey Hinkle,

That's so awesome!  I'm really happy that this site and those of us here could give you that moment with your mom.  That's the stuff in life that's really important, not coins, money or anything else.  I'm also glad that you're learning here.  As someone whose professional life is in the field of higher education, that's a great thing to hear.  We're a pretty knowledgeable community and it's pretty fun here as well.  I hope you continue to enjoy it here!

Cheers!

~Tom