• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Score correction request

2 posts in this topic

Hello,

I can't find a link on the sets for a score correction request, but I'd like to have someone look at the 1 rin set for Japan. And, if you could point out a link from doing from within the registry that would be helpful.

The M.8 (1875) has two variants and the 'separated character' one is pretty scarce (though a small handful have been graded).  The catalog value is quite a bit higher than for the connected as well.  Though I understand the points do not exactly correlate precisely with selling prices, there is a comparative disparity between these two variants.  

Here is a connected/common version from Heritage to compare (from 2015, but even so, it does give an idea of the degree of difference:  Common/connected version  $79 including premium

Vs.

A recent auction for a 'raw' piece: Ginza coin auction .    About $560 converted from JPY to USD including the buyer's premium.

A review of Heritage archives show ONE sold ever--and though the description was correct the coin was not correctly labeled on the PCGS slab insert in 2010:  Heritage auction 2010 (variety not on label) .  $480 with the lower BP of 2010.

Prices are stronger now than a decade ago (perhaps as evinced by the raw one selling for substantially more than this graded version).

In any case, much more scarce and desirable than the connected version which should (I think) be reflected in the registry points. 

And, from the 2019 JNDA showing relative values (12,000 vs. 100,000 yen in lower uncirculated grades):

catalog cover.jpg

catalog page.jpg

• Administrator
On 2/17/2019 at 9:20 AM, Star City Homer said:

Hello,

I can't find a link on the sets for a score correction request, but I'd like to have someone look at the 1 rin set for Japan. And, if you could point out a link from doing from within the registry that would be helpful.

The M.8 (1875) has two variants and the 'separated character' one is pretty scarce (though a small handful have been graded).  The catalog value is quite a bit higher than for the connected as well.  Though I understand the points do not exactly correlate precisely with selling prices, there is a comparative disparity between these two variants.  

Here is a connected/common version from Heritage to compare (from 2015, but even so, it does give an idea of the degree of difference:  Common/connected version  $79 including premium

Vs.

A recent auction for a 'raw' piece: Ginza coin auction .    About $560 converted from JPY to USD including the buyer's premium.

A review of Heritage archives show ONE sold ever--and though the description was correct the coin was not correctly labeled on the PCGS slab insert in 2010:  Heritage auction 2010 (variety not on label) .  $480 with the lower BP of 2010.

Prices are stronger now than a decade ago (perhaps as evinced by the raw one selling for substantially more than this graded version).

In any case, much more scarce and desirable than the connected version which should (I think) be reflected in the registry points. 

And, from the 2019 JNDA showing relative values (12,000 vs. 100,000 yen in lower uncirculated grades):

catalog cover.jpg

catalog page.jpg

Hello, Star City Homer.

Thank you for the information and for the request. Our team will research this and get back to you via email when any necessary adjustments have been made.