• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I think one letter is faded is this coin worth

4 posts in this topic

I have 1964 coin which is the monticello building is doubled. In this picture u guys can't see the double. Because of the poor quality of the photo. So I want to know is this coin worth or not

Is this the same nickel you posted about earlier?  If so, my response is the same.....it's worth face value.  If the doubling isn't distinct enough to show up in a photo, it's unlikely to add any value.  If this is a different coin, then I can't tell you a thing with no photos.  It's absolutely impossible to discern anything about coins from a written description.  Photos are an absolute necessity.

3 minutes ago, Mohawk said:

Is this the same nickel you posted about earlier?  If so, my response is the same.....it's worth face value.  If the doubling isn't distinct enough to show up in a photo, it's unlikely to add any value.  If this is a different coin, than I can't tell you a thing with no photos.  It's absolutely impossible to discern anything about coins from a written description.  Photos are an absolute necessity.

Sory. I will send the photo

IMG_20190217_083536.jpg

I assume that you are referring to the faint letter "E" in the word "FREE." It looks like that is the result of die polishing or possibly a grease-filled letter on the die. While interesting to find and look at, neither would give this coin much (if any) premium, especially since the coin is quite worn.