• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mint

13 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Just Bob said:

We don't know, because it's a secret.;)

Or maybe, in recognition of the enormous importance of our forums here to the Mint, someone leaked the secret to unknown members here. However, all of us them are sworn to absolute silence and secrecy, on pain of being sentenced to buy all our their future coins from Etsy.

It's going to be a 2019-O Lincoln Cent which is going to be an enhanced reverse proof that is curved and struck in 5 ounces of the very finest copper-plated zinc, because disgustingly massive is always better than reasonably sized and we all know that making a coin curved is a sure fire success :nyah:

1 hour ago, Mohawk said:

It's going to be a 2019-O Lincoln Cent which is going to be an enhanced reverse proof that is curved and struck in 5 ounces of the very finest copper-plated zinc, because disgustingly massive is always better than reasonably sized and we all know that making a coin curved is a sure fire success :nyah:

Whereas if it were a secret issue from, like, the Royal Canadian Mint eh, it would be even larger, as it would be the actual size of a regulation hockey puck in copper-plated zinc. Incuse designs would obviously be required.

11 minutes ago, JKK said:

Whereas if it were a secret issue from, like, the Royal Canadian Mint eh, it would be even larger, as it would be the actual size of a regulation hockey puck in copper-plated zinc. Incuse designs would obviously be required.

Touchee, JKK.  But you have a few things wrong....the RCM version isn't copper-plated zinc.  It's nickel plated steel.  No zinc for us Canadian and Aspiring Canadian folks! Steel all the way!  And it also glows in the dark and plays a selection of Triumph and Rush songs when it is placed in the dark to glow.  And, if you let it glow all night, it will make you warm and fluffy pancakes the next morning right before it automatically logs you onto Mint.ca on all of your devices so you can shop while you enjoy your fresh pancakes.  The RCM is required to turn a profit, you know.

1 hour ago, Mohawk said:

Touchee, JKK.  But you have a few things wrong....the RCM version isn't copper-plated zinc.  It's nickel plated steel.  No zinc for us Canadian and Aspiring Canadian folks! Steel all the way!  And it also glows in the dark and plays a selection of Triumph and Rush songs when it is placed in the dark to glow.  And, if you let it glow all night, it will make you warm and fluffy pancakes the next morning right before it automatically logs you onto Mint.ca on all of your devices so you can shop while you enjoy your fresh pancakes.  The RCM is required to turn a profit, you know.

See, this is why I stay in my comfort zones.

16 hours ago, JKK said:

See, this is why I stay in my comfort zones.

I was just playing around.  I meant everything in good fun and hoped to give everyone a laugh......the modern mints are ALL getting ridiculous!  However, circulating moderns to seek in circulation can be cool, if done the right way.  The Great British Coin Hunt is great example of this:

https://www.coinworld.com/news/world-coins/2018/03/great-british-coin-hunt-begins-with-10-penny-series.all.html

However, I don't trust the US Mint to do this in such a cool way.  The 2017-P cent gave me some hope that they were moving in the right direction...that was actually pretty cool.  However, some of the recent Apollo 11 offerings and the fact that there are now two proof Silver Eagles a year have dashed my hopes.

36 minutes ago, Mohawk said:

I was just playing around.  I meant everything in good fun and hoped to give everyone a laugh.

Same here. My besetting sin is that my deadpan can be a little too dead for it to be clear when I'm joking.

50 minutes ago, JKK said:

Same here. My besetting sin is that my deadpan can be a little too dead for it to be clear when I'm joking.

It's all good my friend, it's all good :)