Foreign coins are really nice looking
1 1

49 posts in this topic

54 posts

I love my world coins.  My wife loves anything German or Egyptian.  So I buy a lot of those to keep her from getting mad about all the other ones.  Right now I'm big into New Zealand.  The older 3p 6p shilling and florin have varied designs.  With things that are very unique to that country.  Tomorrow I should be getting a package of 20+ worlds that I got at an online auction.  I pulled some pics of them from the auctioneers site.  The three legged design on the back of the Isle of Man coin made me laugh.  It's called a triskeles.

front2.thumb.jpg.beffb06bc30e8c2eb3c5444eeab33273.jpgback2.thumb.jpg.103009a7565d5b4d6718eb35aa93bab8.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
669 posts
9 minutes ago, Lancek said:

I love my world coins.  My wife loves anything German or Egyptian.  So I buy a lot of those to keep her from getting mad about all the other ones.  Right now I'm big into New Zealand.  The older 3p 6p shilling and florin have varied designs.  With things that are very unique to that country.  Tomorrow I should be getting a package of 20+ worlds that I got at an online auction.  I pulled some pics of them from the auctioneers site.  The three legged design on the back of the Isle of Man coin made me laugh.  It's called a triskeles.

front2.thumb.jpg.beffb06bc30e8c2eb3c5444eeab33273.jpgback2.thumb.jpg.103009a7565d5b4d6718eb35aa93bab8.jpg

Nice coins. I've seen the 3 legged once before and got a chuckle. I'd buy one. I also like the one with the fancy turkey legs.  Thanks for sharing👍🏻

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,157 posts

I'm surprised no one has posted some of Canada's coins.

I don't collect them, but the one's I've seen pictures of are extremely beautiful.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,157 posts

Please note…

I know so little about Canadian coins, that I haven't even recognized the Canadian coins some of you have posted, already.

lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,717 posts

You know what Bob, you make a good point.  Canadian coins ARE beautiful and they are the main thing I collect.  I haven't posted anything here because I have terrible luck getting pics to work on the boards here.  I'll see what I can do when I get a chance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
669 posts
1 hour ago, USAuPzlBxBob said:

I'm surprised no one has posted some of Canada's coins.

I don't collect them, but the one's I've seen pictures of are extremely beautiful.

 

For sure. Living 10 min walking distance from Canada, I see plenty, but I have my plate full. I'll pick out a few here and there. The colored coins, from anywhere, really dont appeal to me. Thanks for sharing though 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
669 posts
1 hour ago, Mohawk said:

You know what Bob, you make a good point.  Canadian coins ARE beautiful and they are the main thing I collect.  I haven't posted anything here because I have terrible luck getting pics to work on the boards here.  I'll see what I can do when I get a chance.

I agree and I like the older ones, but I just saw a ton of proofs at the show I was just at a d they're were quite attractive. Just not my thing yet. But who knows what you'll collect yes down the road. Once the seeds been planted, you'll always recall. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
201 posts
On 2/17/2019 at 4:15 PM, Lancek said:

gf.jpg

gb.jpg

Awesome Kreuzer I have always admired their beauty! 🇦🇹 Austria and other countries made some beauties Like! Nice Choice and Taste

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
201 posts
On 2/17/2019 at 4:25 PM, BLive1972 said:

Nice coins. I've seen the 3 legged once before and got a chuckle. I'd buy one. I also like the one with the fancy turkey legs.  Thanks for sharing👍🏻

These are some of my very favorites. I assure you. From previous replies. Thanks That is a very nice Specimen+ Capone1929

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
201 posts
2 hours ago, Mohawk said:

You know what Bob, you make a good point.  Canadian coins ARE beautiful and they are the main thing I collect.  I haven't posted anything here because I have terrible luck getting pics to work on the boards here.  I'll see what I can do when I get a chance.

I agree so many beauties! One of my favorites has always been the Montreal Olympics "House of Zeus" Commemorative 1.4g commemorative as well as all of the Canadian Olympics! very Nice Cool Runnings! Capone1929

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

1 1