• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Foreign coins are really nice looking

46 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, Lancek said:

I love my world coins.  My wife loves anything German or Egyptian.  So I buy a lot of those to keep her from getting mad about all the other ones.  Right now I'm big into New Zealand.  The older 3p 6p shilling and florin have varied designs.  With things that are very unique to that country.  Tomorrow I should be getting a package of 20+ worlds that I got at an online auction.  I pulled some pics of them from the auctioneers site.  The three legged design on the back of the Isle of Man coin made me laugh.  It's called a triskeles.

front2.thumb.jpg.beffb06bc30e8c2eb3c5444eeab33273.jpgback2.thumb.jpg.103009a7565d5b4d6718eb35aa93bab8.jpg

Nice coins. I've seen the 3 legged once before and got a chuckle. I'd buy one. I also like the one with the fancy turkey legs.  Thanks for sharing👍🏻

You know what Bob, you make a good point.  Canadian coins ARE beautiful and they are the main thing I collect.  I haven't posted anything here because I have terrible luck getting pics to work on the boards here.  I'll see what I can do when I get a chance.

1 hour ago, USAuPzlBxBob said:

I'm surprised no one has posted some of Canada's coins.

I don't collect them, but the one's I've seen pictures of are extremely beautiful.

For sure. Living 10 min walking distance from Canada, I see plenty, but I have my plate full. I'll pick out a few here and there. The colored coins, from anywhere, really dont appeal to me. Thanks for sharing though 👍

1 hour ago, Mohawk said:

You know what Bob, you make a good point.  Canadian coins ARE beautiful and they are the main thing I collect.  I haven't posted anything here because I have terrible luck getting pics to work on the boards here.  I'll see what I can do when I get a chance.

I agree and I like the older ones, but I just saw a ton of proofs at the show I was just at a d they're were quite attractive. Just not my thing yet. But who knows what you'll collect yes down the road. Once the seeds been planted, you'll always recall. 

On 2/17/2019 at 4:25 PM, BLive1972 said:

Nice coins. I've seen the 3 legged once before and got a chuckle. I'd buy one. I also like the one with the fancy turkey legs.  Thanks for sharing👍🏻

These are some of my very favorites. I assure you. From previous replies. Thanks That is a very nice Specimen+ Capone1929

2 hours ago, Mohawk said:

I agree so many beauties! One of my favorites has always been the Montreal Olympics "House of Zeus" Commemorative 1.4g commemorative as well as all of the Canadian Olympics! very Nice Cool Runnings! Capone1929