• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1845 Seated Liberty 1945/45? DDO??

2 posts in this topic

• I found this 1845 Dime is a plastic bin at my local coin shop & was about to list this coin on EBay to sell before I checked the date and GLAD I DID!
  • I have found that this date is re-punched. However, I can't tell what date this thing is re-punched with???
  • I called PCGS and they refuse to recognize this and holster this coin with the variety.
  • I am now on this site because I have seen this variety recognized by NGC. I have never had a coin graded and now have amassed a good collection of RAW coins and am thinking of having this coin graded. My question to you more experienced collectors is:
  1. Even though this coin may grade out low is it worth it to grade strictly on the variety issue?
  2. Do I need to pay the $25 to have it graded.
  3. The submission sheet to have it graded if I choose to do so, it seems very complicated and would not know where to start. I think NGC has some opportunities to streamline the submission process...Just my opinion though. I think this scares a lot of new collectors from submitting because of the arduous process of "tiers" 
  4. So if someone could elaborate on the membership benefits and this particular coin and the worth of this coin, if possible, would be a great help and appreciative!
  5. Last'y, I have checked and it seems there is a very low population of this variety which is leading me to believe I just found my first "cheery picker".

IMG_3196.jpg

IMG_3198.jpg

IMG_3221.JPG

IMG_3225.jpg

IMG_3227.jpg