• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1999 P Experimental quarter hopefully

12 posts in this topic

19 hours ago, Six Mile Rick said:

Simply state quarters. Yes they are still worth .25c

I'm with Rick....they're simply regular state quarters.  I've never heard of an experimental state quarter......is it possible that the OP has this mixed up with the experimental rinse Sacagawea Dollars from the early 2000's?

If you would like to start a NGC graded State Quarter set don't be shy ---- Send me a message. :)

I have around 800 graded slabs hanging around here in State Quarters and more to send in. I enjoy the set quests so lets build a set!!!:banana:

On 2/11/2019 at 9:04 AM, Just Bob said:

What is it about this quarter (or these quarters) that makes you think "experimental?"

I meant experimenting rinse. My bad

On 2/17/2019 at 1:33 AM, JIM F. said:

I am pretty sure it is holding its value at 25 cents. 

2 hours ago, TON Collection said:

I meant experimenting rinse. My bad

Well......you're looking at the wrong coin for that.  The experimental rinse was on Sacagawea Dollars and only Sacagawea Dollars, not State Quarters.  Right era, wrong coin :).  I believe the experimental rinse was on 2001 dated Sacagawea Dollars, to help you out if you want to try to locate one.  Here's some pretty good info on that:

http://www.smalldollars.com/dollar/add002.html

14 hours ago, stash-1 said:

Some were made on experimental alloy planchet, but OP coin isn't one .

http://www.error-ref.com/sate_quarters_on_an_experimental_alloy/

That's interesting stash-1.....I'd never heard of those before, but there they are!  They seem like one of those things that would just jump right out at you if you had one.

On 2/13/2019 at 6:42 PM, Six Mile Rick said:

have around 800 graded slabs hanging around here in State Quarters and more to send in. I enjoy the set quests so lets build a set!!!:banana:

Edited February 13 by Six Mile Rick

I just love some of them too...Wisconsin extra high/low...1999 errors...Minnesota varieties...Colorado Cuds...the list goes on and on...I know many don't waste the time but there is something in them for each of us....peace

On 2/20/2019 at 10:14 PM, Mohawk said:

The experimental rinse was on Sacagawea Dollars and only Sacagawea Dollars, not State Quarters.  Right era, wrong coin :).  I believe the experimental rinse was on 2001 dated

Just love those...I posted in another thread how I have various levels of the tarnishing agents effect on the coins...crazy to take it that far but...

672778-1.jpg