• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guess the grade by reversing only NGC slab coins?

11 posts in this topic

Sorry, that doesn’t make sense, as the obverse is weighted far more heavily than the reverse

for purposes of grading. For example, you can have an essentially perfect reverse (let’s say MS68), 

but a beaten up obverse (MS62) and the coin might grade MS62.

I'll play.

The picture is a bit fuzzy, and the lighting is such that it makes it hard to see the surface clearly, but I will give the reverse a 65. I see some rim hits, and a few on the devices.

Pretty coin, though - at least on the reverse.

My opinion is that the color is very dark and the rim looks really banged up or damaged, like from being in a bezel or something and should have received a details grade due to the rim issues.

On 2/11/2019 at 5:48 AM, MarkFeld said:

Sorry, that doesn’t make sense, as the obverse is weighted far more heavily than the reverse

for purposes of grading. For example, you can have an essentially perfect reverse (let’s say MS68), 

but a beaten up obverse (MS62) and the coin might grade MS62.

Its just for fun. I wish both sides were the same.

On 2/17/2019 at 7:17 AM, Six Mile Rick said:

You are all just bored or 'CRAZY!!!  You can't grade a coin by the reverse .You also can't grade a coin by pics. :roflmao: