Charmy's January/February 2019 LONG BEACH SHOW REPORT w/lots of pics!
1 1

8 posts in this topic

1,167 posts

Charmy, just wading in, and still have to read it, but your opening paragraph compelled me to respond by saying I hope you feel better, and it gets a little easier with time.

Lost my Mom last year, and that was a tough one for all her six kids, who are all still alive and well.

We hadn't all been together in a long, long time.

Best,

Bob

2,866 posts
15 minutes ago, USAuPzlBxBob said:

Charmy, just wading in, and still have to read it, but your opening paragraph compelled me to respond by saying I hope you feel better, and it gets a little easier with time.

Lost my Mom last year, and that was a tough one for all her six kids, who are all still alive and well.

We hadn't all been together in a long, long time.

Best,

Bob

Agreed.  I still have both of my parents, thankfully, but I can imagine that it's an absolutely devastating loss.  My best wishes to you and yours in this difficult time.

~Tom

1,167 posts

One of the most beautiful "posts" I've ever read on the "Boards," here, Charmy.

I'll be coming back to this one many times.

(We forget what an incredible generation the WWII Vets were.)

428 posts

A great show report and very moving personal narrative. My dad served in the Pacific as well, we scattered his ashes in the San Francisco Bay, not far from where he lived since the end of WWII. Thank you for sharing. 

P.S. those photos of the stars look like your dad may very well have taken them. Very cool. 

434 posts

Thank you all, it was a tough but good week going through everything. It brought some tears but more laughter and several "OMG I remember that!" outbursts. We started out each morning going to breakfast and talking about our parents, our old stomping grounds, what the plans were for the day, etc. Then we ended each day going out to dinner, having some drinks, toasting our folks, and laughing at what we had found. Now we just have to figure out where to put all the goodies we each brought home! My brother still has the biggest job - he's going to electronically scan all of the pages of the various photo albums, as well as many of the old loose pictures we found, and distribute the scans to each of us. He lives in the Seattle area, so when I'm up there next month for the PNNA Tukwila show, I'll pick up the physical albums and photos and bring them back with me since my parents' Will appointed me the keeper of the family photos. 

3,596 posts

Another great show report, and a touching prologue. Thanks.

PS - cool pocket mirrors! (thumbsu