• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Result of my first submission

13 posts in this topic

I mentioned in my introductory post that I had recently done my first ever submission. It's a coin which I removed from a souvenir set that I have had for a little while. 

I had originally planned on putting this coin raw into an album, but I submitted it hoping for a 67. It came back 66. 

When I receive it back,I'll post pictures, but for now here is the cert link. 

https://www.ngccoin.com/certlookup/4720848-001/66/

I will definitely be submitting more coins for grading over time. Any comments or suggestions are welcome. 

Thank you

Very hard to make an accurate judgement with the pics available, my thoughts are that the hits/marks are small but there are just too many and when added up they equal MS66.

An MS 66+ on a 1982-P Washington on your first submission....I'd say that you did quite well! Congrats!

Here is my suggestion: when you get the coin in hand, study it closely. Look at it with different powers of magnification, under different sources of light. (Short aside: Do this when studying coins,  not when grading them. The ability to grade consistently requires consistency in lighting and magnification. Now, back to our story.) If possible, compare your coin with an NGC graded 67, and even a 65, to see if you can see what the graders saw that caused them to arrive at this grade.

And, congratulations on the 66. Not a bad first submission, at all.

1 hour ago, Just Bob said:

Here is my suggestion: when you get the coin in hand, study it closely. Look at it with different powers of magnification, under different sources of light. (Short aside: Do this when studying coins,  not when grading them. The ability to grade consistently requires consistency in lighting and magnification. Now, back to our story.) If possible, compare your coin with an NGC graded 67, and even a 65, to see if you can see what the graders saw that caused them to arrive at this grade.

And, congratulations on the 66. Not a bad first submission, at all.

Great advice, thank you. 

Coins like this are tough in 67. Like Eisenhower Dollars these are bulk handled even in mint sets and good luck trying to afford one better than yours. Also I think NGC is more strict these days than ever before making it tougher to get these high grades !

2 hours ago, numisport said:

Coins like this are tough in 67. Like Eisenhower Dollars these are bulk handled even in mint sets and good luck trying to afford one better than yours. Also I think NGC is more strict these days than ever before making it tougher to get these high grades !

All true. Overall, I am happy and ready for another try soon!