• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Found this in the coins sub-reddit. I thought it was funny and the folks over here might enjoy

14 posts in this topic

Revenant,

That is FANTASTIC!! I only hope that the alleged 1977-D "Pac-Man" Lincoln Cent is in there. 

11 minutes ago, Matt_dac said:

"Now with even blurrier photos!"

Ha ha ha!

"And a whole new chapter on how to list your amazing finds on Etsy and make thousands of dollars!"

19 minutes ago, Mohawk said:

"And a whole new chapter on how to list your amazing finds on Etsy and make thousands of dollars!"

Etsy? Just etsy? Nah! Have you seen the prices some people ask for on eBay? lol Etsy is probably cheaper to list on though.

2 minutes ago, Revenant said:

Etsy? Just etsy? Nah! Have you seen the prices some people ask for on eBay? lol Etsy is probably cheaper to list on though.

Hey!  I sell on eBay!   Just kidding around :), but I actually do sell on eBay.  I'm not big enough to warrant my own site yet, so eBay serves that purpose for me.  There are some good guys selling there ( I like to think I'm one of them) but I've NEVER seen a reputable seller use Etsy.  Just tons of fakes and damaged coins lurking there.  But there are some sketchy guys on eBay too. 

On 1/31/2019 at 5:30 PM, Numismatic, A.A.S. said:

Someone had posted that on the PCGS forum, there was some discussion on it, can't remember but someone explained how it came about...I'll look into it...

I saw this too.  I took it as a joking response to numerous threads on damaged and/or "rare" error coin finds.

10 minutes ago, tejas1836 said:

I saw this too.  I took it as a joking response to numerous threads on damaged and/or "rare" error coin finds.

That seems to have been the case in the sub-reddit too. They get a lot of questions from people that think that damaged coins are errors that might be valuable.