• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1890 CC Morgan Dollars Grade?

8 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, d7716045 said:

If I knew how to grade them, I wouldn’t have asked.

Have you looked at on-line images and compared various grades to your coins?

If If not, I’d suggest it. And if so, based on what you’ve seen, I’m guessing you must have formed some opinion. 

I’m trying to encourage you to learn, by studying a little bit.

it took me less than a minute to find this site and it’s far from the only one that could help:

https://www.thesprucecrafts.com/how-to-grade-morgan-dollars-768394

5 hours ago, MarkFeld said:

Have you looked at on-line images and compared various grades to your coins?

If If not, I’d suggest it. And if so, based on what you’ve seen, I’m guessing you must have formed some opinion. 

I’m trying to encourage you to learn, by studying a little bit.

it took me less than a minute to find this site and it’s far from the only one that could help:

https://www.thesprucecrafts.com/how-to-grade-morgan-dollars-768394

Thanks, that’s very helpful!

7 hours ago, Lancek said:

I think I would first try and make sure that they are real.  Maybe it's just me, but the wear and toning patterns look suspiciously similar.  

They look genuine to me. 

To the OP:

Just a piece of advice.  Before you buy raw coins, you should learn how to grade them.  It will save you some financial heartache in the long run.

I made some some raw coin purchases before I learned to grade the series and was disappointed with the results.  Thankfully, they weren't huge financial mistakes, but I learned quickly.