A shout out to NGC
1 1

24 posts in this topic

13,135 posts

VERY glad to hear that all of the coins made it, without problems and that you felt good enough for your dance! 

1,865 posts
19 minutes ago, MarkFeld said:

VERY glad to hear that all of the coins made it, without problems and that you felt good enough for your dance! 

Good reason to dance for sure.  My star coins are still star coins and the rest of them made it without restoration.

You bet I danced:bigsmile:

Thank, Mark 

8,089 posts

That's wonderful news Joe. So glad to hear this and I will join you in your happy dance.:whee::banana::whee:

1,865 posts
19 minutes ago, rrantique said:

That's wonderful news Joe. So glad to hear this and I will join you in your happy dance.:whee::banana::whee:

Thanks for the dance there buddy:takeit:

5,014 posts

This is the news that I've been waiting to hear!  

So happy for you, Joe!

:banana:

And kudos to NGC!

Edited by Walkerfan

5,406 posts

When I saw the condition of your safe and coin boxes right after the fire, I was really fearful that some of them might have been irreparably damaged. I am glad that wasn't the case. I am happy for you. :grin:

How things going with day to day living? Have you started to rebuild?

155 posts

So glad to hear the good news. I believe miracles can and do happen. I've had nightmares about my modest collection being submerged under water, stolen.or simply vanishing. I'll try a dance too!:whee::golfclap:

2,237 posts

Awesome news I'm sure that anyone of us would have been dancing also.  And a wonderful gesture on the part of NGC and PCGS to reholder your coins at no charge, here's to hoping you receive the same wonderful news ats.

1,865 posts
6 hours ago, Just Bob said:

When I saw the condition of your safe and coin boxes right after the fire, I was really fearful that some of them might have been irreparably damaged. I am glad that wasn't the case. I am happy for you. :grin:

How things going with day to day living? Have you started to rebuild?

It will take years to rebuild in my old town.  They have made a mess of the cleanup along with the EPA up there plugging the soil for contamination it could take forever, who knows.  We are still struggling with that decision.  We have lived in that town in that house for 30 years and when I went back for the first time after the fire I missed my turn onto my own street.  That’s how different it looks with the trees gone and the structures burned to the ground, just leveled.  So rebuilding our homes, business in that town is still very much up in the air.

We have leased another house to live in for a year but it’s still about an hour away from ground zero. 

We are a strong crew so we will overcome this tragedy in time.

Thank you for asking.

So, to you NGC, Paul Sandler and this entire forum for the help, well wishes and prayers a very heartfelt thank you.

Joe and Family <3

Edited by Buffalo Head

1,266 posts

Great news! Also, this is a good reminder for all of us that even with good safes, a hot fire can do some damage for sure.  That was quite a sturdy safe and still the plastic boxes melted.

2,744 posts

A little good news from such a terrible ordeal!! I sure hope things are working out for you and your family Joe.

You have my best wishes pal!!

Rick

368 posts

So glad to hear your coins are being taken care of (yay NGC/PCGS for helping out)...I saw the pictures you'd posted ATS and was fearing the worst.  Best news other than the fact you and your family made it out.  

57 posts

I'm glad to hear that NGC was able to relieve you of some of your pain. All the best to you, and yours.

1,865 posts

Unfortunately can’t load my images here.  Some I can but other I can’t.

It keeps telling my they’re too big.  I’ll have to give it a try later on.

Happy hunting, Joe

5,406 posts
4 hours ago, Buffalo Head said:

Happy hunting, Joe

There is a 4.8 mb (I think) per picture limit here. You can resize, or  link to an online hosting site, such as Photobucket. (Although this is not your first rodeo, so you probably know all of this already).

155 posts
18 hours ago, Buffalo Head said:

Happy hunting, Joe

That's one awesome Buff! Thanks for sharing. Looking forward to more images if you can compress the files.

117 posts

Hello Joe,

We were very happy to help such an awesome guy! I have definitely made a new friend as well, that's for sure. I'm glad your coins arrived safely and that you are satisfied with the work that NCS performed. 

Here's a link to the article on your story which just went live on our site!

Wishing you all the best!

-Paul