• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question about the scores on four Turkey Sets

3 posts in this topic

Hello,

I have some questions about the scores on the following sets for Turkey under Muhammad V

5 Para, AH1327//2 - AH1327//7 (1910- 1915), Circulation Issue
  10 Para, AH1327//2 - AH1327//8 (1910- 1916), Circulation Issue set_updated.gif 1
  20 Para, AH1327 - AH1327//7 (1909- 1915), Circulation Issue set_updated.gif 2

40 Para, AH1327//3 - AH1327//9 (1909- 1910), Circulation Issue

Back in February, NGC reduced the scores on these sets, but I think that NGC made this decision based on the availability and values of these coins in circulated grades.  While most of them are fairly common in circulated grades, they are all quite scarce in Mint State grades and the 1327/9 40 Para is scarce in any grade above Fine and extremely rare above Extra Fine while the 1327 No Regnal Year 20 Para is rare in any grade as are the 1327/7 20 Paras (though these are so rare they're non-competitive issues, so they don't count here)  NGC even awarded me a Best Presented award for my 20 Para set (Thanks So Much on that, too! It meant the world to me!) where the fact that these coins in Mint State are significant condition rarities.  While I don't usually get too involved with points, it does bother me that there are modern US issues that rate higher than these much more challenging coins.  I just want these coins to be valued for what they actually are......I've put years into building these collections, and it's been quite the challenge!  Also, on the revised 40 Para set, the western dates should be 1911-1917 rather than 1909-1910, just for the sake of accuracy.  I like to end on a positive, so I'd like to say thank you so much for the Best Presented Award, for the Best Custom Set Award last year for my Avians: The Dinosaurs Among Us Custom Set and for the awesome Muhammad VI Type Set!

Thank you for your kind attention and for all you guys do for us.

Best Regards

Tom

• Administrator
On 1/25/2019 at 11:29 PM, Mohawk said:

Hello,

I have some questions about the scores on the following sets for Turkey under Muhammad V

5 Para, AH1327//2 - AH1327//7 (1910- 1915), Circulation Issue
  10 Para, AH1327//2 - AH1327//8 (1910- 1916), Circulation Issue set_updated.gif 1
  20 Para, AH1327 - AH1327//7 (1909- 1915), Circulation Issue set_updated.gif 2

40 Para, AH1327//3 - AH1327//9 (1909- 1910), Circulation Issue

Back in February, NGC reduced the scores on these sets, but I think that NGC made this decision based on the availability and values of these coins in circulated grades.  While most of them are fairly common in circulated grades, they are all quite scarce in Mint State grades and the 1327/9 40 Para is scarce in any grade above Fine and extremely rare above Extra Fine while the 1327 No Regnal Year 20 Para is rare in any grade as are the 1327/7 20 Paras (though these are so rare they're non-competitive issues, so they don't count here)  NGC even awarded me a Best Presented award for my 20 Para set (Thanks So Much on that, too! It meant the world to me!) where the fact that these coins in Mint State are significant condition rarities.  While I don't usually get too involved with points, it does bother me that there are modern US issues that rate higher than these much more challenging coins.  I just want these coins to be valued for what they actually are......I've put years into building these collections, and it's been quite the challenge!  Also, on the revised 40 Para set, the western dates should be 1911-1917 rather than 1909-1910, just for the sake of accuracy.  I like to end on a positive, so I'd like to say thank you so much for the Best Presented Award, for the Best Custom Set Award last year for my Avians: The Dinosaurs Among Us Custom Set and for the awesome Muhammad VI Type Set!

Thank you for your kind attention and for all you guys do for us.

Best Regards

Tom

Hello, Mohawk.

Thank you for your continued interest in the NGC Registry and for the feedback. The Turkey sets you mentioned were created in 2012. The scores for those sets had not been updated since the creation of the set. As such, they were updated based upon current market values in February of 2018. Pricing is only one of many factors taken into consideration in the scoring algorithm developed by our senior numismatists. I will send you a description via email. Thank you and please let us know when we may assist in the future.

4 hours ago, Ali E. said:

Hello, Mohawk.

Thank you for your continued interest in the NGC Registry and for the feedback. The Turkey sets you mentioned were created in 2012. The scores for those sets had not been updated since the creation of the set. As such, they were updated based upon current market values in February of 2018. Pricing is only one of many factors taken into consideration in the scoring algorithm developed by our senior numismatists. I will send you a description via email. Thank you and please let us know when we may assist in the future.

Hi Ali,

That does make sense.  I really do appreciate your response to me and for everything you do for us.

Thank you so much for your kind time and attention

Cheers!

~Tom