• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New registry format questions..including what is the hex color code?

5 posts in this topic

I'm planning to re-do some photos on a couple sets.  I've been using a white background for the vast majority, but now looking at the new display I'm thinking of uploading the images with a transparent background--but that makes for larger file sizes that seem unnecessary.  It would allow to match the new background color, both for the coin slot and for the leading/header image coin.  That said, I might like to try a different color.

Opinions on what looks better to the registry users...white, black, a shade (or shades) of grey, another color?  Grey to match the new background?

To make smaller files and to match the new background I'd like to know the hex color code though (see photo attached).

Also, if I were to use the NGC photos for anything I don't have shots of...short of adding them to see, how are they displayed? A slab shot?  A coin with a background color (and what color)?  Once an NGC photo is added is it fairly easy to swap out for one of my own?  

And, not so related, is there an estimation of when the custom sets will arrive to the new?  It gets unwieldy trying to pull up the old format via a google-fu link just to get to the custom set.  Or perhaps make the custom set radio button live and have it link to the old format.

hex color question.jpg

• Administrator

Thank you for the inquiry, Star City Homer.

Custom Sets should become available in a release soon. Meanwhile, you may still go to the Collector Society site to make edits to any Custom NGC Registry sets you have. You may go to certification verification on the NGC coin site to see if any NGC images are available for your coin(s.) Those are the images that would be pulled into any associated NGC Registry sets by your request. I have forwarded your request about the color code to our programmers. I will send you an email with the response when I receive it. Thank you. 

• Administrator
On 1/21/2019 at 10:37 AM, Star City Homer said:

I'm planning to re-do some photos on a couple sets.  I've been using a white background for the vast majority, but now looking at the new display I'm thinking of uploading the images with a transparent background--but that makes for larger file sizes that seem unnecessary.  It would allow to match the new background color, both for the coin slot and for the leading/header image coin.  That said, I might like to try a different color.

Opinions on what looks better to the registry users...white, black, a shade (or shades) of grey, another color?  Grey to match the new background?

To make smaller files and to match the new background I'd like to know the hex color code though (see photo attached).

Also, if I were to use the NGC photos for anything I don't have shots of...short of adding them to see, how are they displayed? A slab shot?  A coin with a background color (and what color)?  Once an NGC photo is added is it fairly easy to swap out for one of my own?  

And, not so related, is there an estimation of when the custom sets will arrive to the new?  It gets unwieldy trying to pull up the old format via a google-fu link just to get to the custom set.  Or perhaps make the custom set radio button live and have it link to the old format.

hex color question.jpg

Hello, Star City Homer.

The color code is #e3e3e3. Do you have any other feedback on the new NGC Registry you would like to share? Thanks.

6 hours ago, Ali E. said:

Hello, Star City Homer.

The color code is #e3e3e3. Do you have any other feedback on the new Registry you would like to share? Thanks.

Thanks!  As for Registry commentary, I'm sure I can think of something :D. 

Some of the things I've wondered about have been addressed, like the custom sets, hopefully some sort of way to format/include pictures on the narratives (I've got photos of King Zog waiting in the wings for this one!), maybe getting to pick which is the featured photo (vs. the highest point coin), and other things I can't recall off the top of my head.

--How do we get to the Collection Manager?  Used to click on a link on the old page, but have no idea how to get there now without getting onto the old format page (the Collector Society page version).

--I like how the census is linked, any chance the price guide could be too?  Or even auction records, or NGC photos if you have a database?

--I do like the option of a grid or a list view of the sets.  However, I miss the ease of getting an overall glance of a set.  Perhaps instead of two across on the grid, make three or four across an option? Increasing the grid column number would replicate the old gallery view with more information per screen. In list view make toggling off the thumbnail photos an option--that way one can get an overall gestalt of the set more quickly. 

--Is there (and I haven't seen it) or will there be a slideshow view?  Mostly just curious.  I hardly ever did that other than on my own sets.

--Will there be a way to see which set categories have an update?  Used to get the red 'updated' thing. 

--It would also nice to have the individual set's 'last update' moved to the landing page for all the sets in a category rather than having to click on the individual set.  That way you can see if your competitors have been busy ;)

--The missing photo place holder icon looks a bit too much like (kind of exactly like) an old ipod.  Maybe a different graphic? Seriously, that drives me nuts in some corner of my brain.  Like, 'Why is that ancient iPod there'?

That's all I've got right now  .  Thanks for all the hard work you guys (I mean that in the California gender neutral sort of way) do!

ipod compare.jpg

• Administrator
36 minutes ago, Star City Homer said:

Thanks!  As for Registry commentary, I'm sure I can think of something :D. 

Some of the things I've wondered about have been addressed, like the custom sets, hopefully some sort of way to format/include pictures on the narratives (I've got photos of King Zog waiting in the wings for this one!), maybe getting to pick which is the featured photo (vs. the highest point coin), and other things I can't recall off the top of my head.

--How do we get to the Collection Manager?  Used to click on a link on the old page, but have no idea how to get there now without getting onto the old format page (the Collector Society page version).

--I like how the census is linked, any chance the price guide could be too?  Or even auction records, or NGC photos if you have a database?

--I do like the option of a grid or a list view of the sets.  However, I miss the ease of getting an overall glance of a set.  Perhaps instead of two across on the grid, make three or four across an option? Increasing the grid column number would replicate the old gallery view with more information per screen. In list view make toggling off the thumbnail photos an option--that way one can get an overall gestalt of the set more quickly. 

--Is there (and I haven't seen it) or will there be a slideshow view?  Mostly just curious.  I hardly ever did that other than on my own sets.

--Will there be a way to see which set categories have an update?  Used to get the red 'updated' thing. 

--It would also nice to have the individual set's 'last update' moved to the landing page for all the sets in a category rather than having to click on the individual set.  That way you can see if your competitors have been busy ;)

--The missing photo place holder icon looks a bit too much like (kind of exactly like) an old ipod.  Maybe a different graphic? Seriously, that drives me nuts in some corner of my brain.  Like, 'Why is that ancient iPod there'?

That's all I've got right now  .  Thanks for all the hard work you guys (I mean that in the California gender neutral sort of way) do!

ipod compare.jpg

We greatly appreciate your participation and the feedback details, Star City Homer.

Thanks so much! Our team will discuss all of your comments. If you have any further, please do share.

Re: Collection Manager and Custom Sets: We are working to have those added to the new NGC Registry soon. Meanwhile, they are still accessible on the Collector Society website.