• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Invoice log-in time

6 posts in this topic

I had a gold rush submission arrive get logged in on Wednesday this week with an email end of day with standard info on the submission accepted.  I spoke with someone yesterday in customer service who said everything is on time and unaffected by the FUN show. Then she said there was a two day delay now on submission log-ins, so what was a 5 day tier appears to be 7 days.  Then I get an email end of day yesterday with the same submission accepted information again, but with the start date on the submission *changed* to yesterday.  Is anyone else here seeing this problem?

I recently got one received email then another identical received email 2 or 3 days later. And no after that I was not happy a CAC PCGS coin didn't even cross at a grade lower !

I don't get it, why the delays? I can see if they said the show is causing a slowdown.  This shouldn't be that difficult, people aren't asking for special service but normal responsive customer service.  

In all the work I do both self-employment and company work, fast turn arounds and responsiveness are vital.  In the past I have found NGC to be good and responsive, this seems like something new.  

It's January, you have FUN (Even though they said that isn't affecting it) plus the annual flood of green monster boxes arriving. (Which I'm sure has a MUCH greater effect than FUN does)

Those are not real excuses for longstanding problems now, I don't know any business that would send out one email on receipt of an invoice and then yet another two days later notifying the submitter yet again that the order was received with a date two days later.  And a little off topic what has happened to these forums; PCGS has over 100 posts a day while the forums associated with this site get less and less?

30 minutes ago, Nutmeg Coin said:

Those are not real excuses for longstanding problems now, I don't know any business that would send out one email on receipt of an invoice and then yet another two days later notifying the submitter yet again that the order was received with a date two days later. 

I don't know if it's an excuse so much as an acknowledgement of human nature that when you do something enough times I'm sure some minor mistakes will be made, some efforts duplicated, what have you. I have no idea how many coins / boxes / orders / invoices NGC gets in per day, but I imagine it's a lot. When things get busy and the heat is on human error rates tend to go up. Personally, I'd rather have them acknowledge getting my coins in twice than have them not acknowledge them at all or lose track of them or some other nightmare scenario. You just happen to be a person that something like this happened to so it effects your subjective view of the situation. Kind of like the fact that the error rate with UPS/FedEx/USPS is fairly low on average, but if they destroy your box that's not going to make you feel better about it. I say this as someone who has to deal with human error rates in the context of loss prevention. PCGS has to have similar mistakes sometimes - there's just no way to prevent some things 100% of the time.