• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Where to sale?

11 posts in this topic

Depends upon what you have and the $$$ size of the consignment. For Heritage, I'd try to hook up with  one of the folks who consigns $100K lots for better terms. GC is easier to deal with.

Do not send any coins with less than a $300 bidding Heritage value to Heritage auctions. They will not list them in a live auction as they will group them up and offer them to dealers in a sight unseen auction. G.C. will list all your coins no matter the low value.

For GC I'd suggest that you check prices realized for what you have. I've had good luck with some stuff and been highly disappointed with others. Not so sure that unless you need the $$$ that now is a good time to sell. Try here or the PCGS BST board first.

Once you consign to Heritage you mostly lose control over how and when they are sold.

You can also list them for sale at www.collectivecoin.com  It was started mainly as a picture hosting site, but you can offer them for sale as well.

Good luck

14 hours ago, Six Mile Rick said:

Do not send any coins with less than a $300 bidding Heritage value to Heritage auctions. They will not list them in a live auction as they will group them up and offer them to dealers in a sight unseen auction. G.C. will list all your coins no matter the low value.

Ok so Minimum of $300 per coin for Heritage. I understand GC has no minimum but  Is there a certain dollar value I should not list with GC?

7 hours ago, BAJJERFAN said:

For GC I'd suggest that you check prices realized for what you have. I've had good luck with some stuff and been highly disappointed with others. Not so sure that unless you need the $$$ that now is a good time to sell. Try here or the PCGS BST board first.

Once you consign to Heritage you mostly lose control over how and when they are sold.

You can also list them for sale at www.collectivecoin.com  It was started mainly as a picture hosting site, but you can offer them for sale as well.

Good luck

Don't really need the money ATM is the coin market down ATM? I have been away from collecting for a while now and have not kept up with it lately.

33 minutes ago, bartlesvilleok said:

Don't really need the money ATM is the coin market down ATM? I have been away from collecting for a while now and have not kept up with it lately.

That's the drift I get from the postings over to the PCGS boards. Depends upon what you have too. Post some examples. Are they graded? Raw? CAC approved?

2 minutes ago, BAJJERFAN said:

That's the drift I get from the postings over to the PCGS boards. Depends upon what you have too. Post some examples. Are they graded? Raw? CAC approved?

2 cents mint set, 3 cents nickel mint set,  3cent nickel proof set, patterns and some 3 cent silvers they are in the registery under my name

12 hours ago, bartlesvilleok said:

2 cents mint set, 3 cents nickel mint set,  3cent nickel proof set, patterns and some 3 cent silvers they are in the registery under my name

The sets look very nice!!  A few with some fantastic colors really jump out off the page at you.(thumbsu

Me personally ---- I wouldn't just throw the sets to the wolves at a auction. You should just keep the sets and wait till you find someone 

that is interested in purchasing a few. Post a sale add once in a while.