• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stunning 1901 halfcrown uncirculated aution find 👀

25 posts in this topic

I'm told that understatement and restraint are traditional British (or English, anyway) virtues and that 'not bad' amounts to effusive praise, with any more adjectives amounting to troweling it on.

That coin is very not bad.

6 minutes ago, JKK said:

I'm told that understatement and restraint are traditional British (or English, anyway) virtues and that 'not bad' amounts to effusive praise, with any more adjectives amounting to troweling it on.

That coin is very not bad.

Indeed. It is very not bad. :)

You guys,

I like the american takes on how the British are seen by our neighbors across the pond thou Im not hearing any apples or pears !!! HAHAHA. Or were Im from its actually normal to use language such as "Beauty in ummm", "is ummm","Does ummm","Don umm".

References to where such pro-found, English might be used is " This coin is beauty in ummm"  and to where somebody might reply "Tis an absolute bloody beauty aint ummm".

Thanks for all the comments I love your guys input x

3 hours ago, British coins said:

I like the american takes on how the British are seen by our neighbors across the pond thou Im not hearing any apples or pears !!! HAHAHA. Or were Im from its actually normal to use language such as "Beauty in ummm", "is ummm","Does ummm","Don umm".

References to where such pro-found, English might be used is " This coin is beauty in ummm"  and to where somebody might reply "Tis an absolute bloody beauty aint ummm".

Thanks for all the comments I love your guys input x

When it comes to rhyming slang, Bob not only is not our uncle, he's not even a distaff cousin twice removed. We never get it right. We do mutter well enough, though. I'll have to remember to replace effusive words with "ummm" going forward.

Please by all means post any more truly ummm pieces you may find.

Wow, PocketArt, those are quite ummm. We see so many vintage coins in worn condition, it's a rare treat to get a good look at all the detail the designer meant us to see.

@British coins, yes the 1887 is a proof strike.  Deep mirrors with cameo devices.  Also, the group of 4 coins are Maundy money- 1877.  Beautiful toning on those IMO.  

That half crown of yours would look great slabbed.  Keep us posted on grade please.  

16 hours ago, PocketArt said:

@British coins, yes the 1887 is a proof strike.  Deep mirrors with cameo devices.  Also, the group of 4 coins are Maundy money- 1877.  Beautiful toning on those IMO.  

That half crown of yours would look great slabbed.  Keep us posted on grade please.  

Hey pocket do u know how much grading is ?

4 hours ago, British coins said:

Hey pocket do u know how much grading is ?

About $35 a world coin, there are cheaper tiers but I like early bird:  https://www.ngccoin.com/submit/services-fees/

Also, this will help you through process:  https://www.ngccoin.com/submit-coins/how-to-submit.aspx

3 hours ago, coinsandmedals said:

That is a stunning coin! The toning really adds to it. If I had to hazard a guess I would say MS-64 if submitted through NGC. 

Thanks buddy is one my favourites. 

Just give you you heads up I have quite a stash of copper coinage come in English and hibernia 1700 -1900 some high grades, some rare, some lower grades. You might want to scroll through my items on eBay. Thou I haven’t got round to listing them all yet! 

All best Des 

21 minutes ago, British coins said:

Thanks buddy is one my favourites. 

Just give you you heads up I have quite a stash of copper coinage come in English and hibernia 1700 -1900 some high grades, some rare, some lower grades. You might want to scroll through my items on eBay. Thou I haven’t got round to listing them all yet! 

All best Des 

I do not blame you. I love the way the toning looks in the pictures. I may submit on the half crowns I got from you shortly. I’ll be sure to let you know the results. 

Thanks for heads up! I’ll have to take a look next time I get on eBay

56 minutes ago, 7.jaguars said:

Hi there Des,

I am led to ebay in general and not your offerings.

Can you clarify or PM?

Hi there, 

of course sorry,  coinsandmedals, already knows my page as he has done bussiness with me before. 

Try this link it will bring u to one my items then just view sellers other items. 

1758/7 GEORGE II SILVER SIXPENCE AU+ KM 582.2 Stunning Coin 👀 https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F401685704218