• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NGC Graded Coins Missing in Return Shipment

10 posts in this topic

1767891907_NGCShipment2.thumb.jpg.d9af6e2c17d86c3cab7d077430c41f00.jpg1407297332_NGCShipment1.thumb.jpg.99754c2cce3428f4174b92c0c1a338d5.jpg

Ok NGC,

I sent you an email 2 days ago that I haven't received your shipment of my graded coins. I have had no reply from you. Attached are screen shots I made off my ipad December 26th showing expected delivery before 8pm. Now if your check the shipment it only shows up to December 23rd. Now what? As a common courtesy and expectation of good customer service I expected to hear from someone today. I guess the NGC staff wanted to start New Years Eve early......

Whoa Buckaroo Morpheus! I just reported to NGC I hadn't received my graded coins, there has been no blame or fault as you posted registered to them. You better reread my post. Just so you know......"If" the coins do happen to be lost the shipper has to file a claim. The shipper in this case is NGC.

Registered mail is the safest way to go!!  However it is also the SLOWEST!!  I had 1 package 5 years ago that flew over my state and ended up in New York. It sat there in a safe for 2 weeks till some mail handler got it back on the right track to me. A 30 day wait for a 400 mile shipping. 

I was sweating bullets!! :roflmao::roflmao:

I'm having a similar issue.  I understand that NGC doesn't control the mail but they have experience with these sorts of things.  My package shows it left Tampa on the 29th but hasn't arrived anywhere as of yet.  I called NGC Customer Service to ask them if there is any insight they could offer and the girl was pretty rude.  I finally told her she needs to work on her empathy skills.  All I wanted to know if it is unusual for a package to be in no-mans land.

Registered mail is supposed to be signed off at each stop.  The post office response was that the package was "somewhere".  Unreal!  It can't possibly be still on a truck given I can walk from Sarasota and West Palm Beach in a fraction of the time. To the OP's point, NGC needs to simple provide a little assurance and a game plan if the package is lost.  That would have taken about 2 seconds and I wouldn't have hung up thinking NGC made a bad hire in customer service.

Just for the record since I started this post, my coins left NGC December 18th. NGC is in Sarasosta, FL I'm in San Antonio, TX. Still no record as to expected delivery.

• Administrator

Dear ScottZ,

I'm sorry to hear this.  I do know that the post office has been running behind with the holidays and all.  Please give the package a few more days.  If you do not have this by Wednesday, email me and I will have this looked into for you.  lisab@ngccoin.com

Thank you,

Lisa