• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1978 nickel

6 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Conder101 said:

Is there a question?  Or did you just feel like posting a dirty/corroded five cent piece?

I laughed my *** off at that, but seriously, was it the 1974-D,76-D or 78-D that there are 2 different MM positions...one near the date and one further away? I only bring it up because I went searching for the difference after reading about it, I think D. Bowers brought it up once in an article and challenged readers to send a photo of it or the coin to him or something...patience with me it's just from memory and I'm HIGH JACKING this tread so now I'm a PIRATE!!!

4 hours ago, Numismatic, A.A.S. said:

I laughed my *** off at that, but seriously, was it the 1974-D,76-D or 78-D that there are 2 different MM positions...one near the date and one further away? I only bring it up because I went searching for the difference after reading about it, I think D. Bowers brought it up once in an article and challenged readers to send a photo of it or the coin to him or something...patience with me it's just from memory and I'm HIGH JACKING this tread so now I'm a PIRATE!!!

Actually, there could have been more than 2 positions in any of those years. The mint was still hand punching mint marks into the working dies in the 70s.

35 minutes ago, Just Bob said:

Actually, there could have been more than 2 positions in any of those years. The mint was still hand punching mint marks into the working dies in the 70s.

Thank You..I forgot that they were...I was shooting from the hip...again...