• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1867 Hong kong dollar real or fake?

7 posts in this topic

Bought this on the bay from a north american dealer with 100 positive feedback. From what I can tell it looks real to me but i'm still pretty nervous. I'm going to use a silver tester machine that a friend owns on it first, then send it into NGC if it is indeed silver. What are your opinions on it? Its worn so it's hard to compare minor details to better graded coins. Looks like it has been cleaned to me.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600 (1).jpg

s-l1600 (2).jpg

Sorry, I didn't see this when it was posted.  I don't see any obvious issues but the wear has greatly reduced some of the design elements.  Did you sent it to NGC?

It was 100 percent fake. I had it tested for silver and it was plated. Just to be sure I acid tested it and it was fake as they come. Very good counterfeit though. I got my money back.

Good to hear that you got your money back.  Between your first post and my response I happened to buy my first Hong Kong dollar which is why I was interested in yours.

1866_HK_1$a.jpg