• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB 1930 - S Merc MS65FB

11 posts in this topic

As the title states I'm looking for one of these in an NGC holder, I know of a  PCGS 67 at Heritage but that will be out of my price range.  There is also a PCGS 65 on the APMEX website, but it is not a very appealing looking coin to me.  So if you have seen one or know of one for sale please let me know.

Thanks @jgrinz I looked at the top 25 NGC merc registry sets and there is only one of this date/grade in all those sets; I have to wonder just how many of the reported 26 there are and how many have been moved to PCGS plastic but not removed from the pops.  As a side note it's rather sad that most of the top ten merc sets here are (or almost) 100% PCGS coins.

On 3/20/2019 at 11:58 PM, Coinbuf said:

Thanks @jgrinz I looked at the top 25 NGC merc registry sets and there is only one of this date/grade in all those sets; I have to wonder just how many of the reported 26 there are and how many have been moved to PCGS plastic but not removed from the pops.  As a side note it's rather sad that most of the top ten merc sets here are (or almost) 100% PCGS coins.

I dont look at them - I flick the switch from all coins to NGC only and then it recompiles the top sets by NGC coins :-) I am evil like that

Still looking, only know of one in PCGS plastic at DLRC, but wrong plastic and over retail price.  Give me a shout if you have one or know of one for sale.