• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cost for submitting one coin to have VAM put on holder?

8 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

The cost would be $15, which includes the new holder. Submit it under VarietyPlus Service, and write the VAM Number (if known) in the Variety column, or simply VAM.

NGC does not recognize all VAM varieties, only those that are included in the TOP-100, HOT-50 and HITLIST-40, as well as all 1878 8-Tailfeather varieties.

Finally, you will need to become a member of NGC or otherwise submit your coin through an authorized NGC dealer.

The total cost turned out to be: 

$25 for associate membership, plus $15 to put the VAM on the holder plus $31 for shipping and handling. 

Grand Total of $71 for one coin.

Looks like it makes more sense to send several coins in at one time!

Yes the membership and the shipping are "set" costs  The shipping is always what gets me.  I wonder how many you can submit at once, probably all you can afford but that would cut the cost per coin

I received my coin back from NGC and it has the wrong VAM number on the holder.  The coin is a VAM-1 O LDS Bar Wing which I had written on the submission form.  The coin came back with VAM-1C Tail on "O" LDS.  These VAMS look nothing alike so there is no doubt the coin is a VAM-1 O LDS Bar Wing.

What is the procedure to get this coin back to get the correct VAM number on the holder?  Do I have to pay the shipping cost to send the coin back?