• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NGC Updates NGC Registry
2 2

16 posts in this topic

Scott, you and I know this isn't an "upgrade" to the Registry. 

This is undoing a terrible decision NGC made a few years ago that left us feeling betrayed. 

Unfortunately, trying to sell it as an "upgrade" and "a new feature" is just going to make it worse. 

Edited by physics-fan3.14

34 minutes ago, bsshog40 said:

I left all my sets as they were so everything remained the same. Glad I can add a pcgs coin if I need to now. Thanks for reverting back to the good days. Lol 

I haven't been this excited about the Registry in years.  Feels like 2005 all over again LOL Thanks NGC!

Thank you NGC, a very good decision to again allow PCGS coins in the registry.  Great for collectors and NGC itself. 

Any thought about NGC, PCGS, etc using the same grading set, mutually agreed upon?  This would require competitors NGC and PCGS working together, at least for grading consistency - difficult but not impossible, but great for collectors. 

On 12/13/2019 at 12:58 AM, 49er said:

Thank you NGC, a very good decision to again allow PCGS coins in the registry.  Great for collectors and NGC itself. 

Any thought about NGC, PCGS, etc using the same grading set, mutually agreed upon?  This would require competitors NGC and PCGS working together, at least for grading consistency - difficult but not impossible, but great for collectors. 

You're not going to ever see that because the last thing PCGS wants anyone to think is that they use the same standards as NGC.

To the NGC staff and family,

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I will rejoin the registry.  As Mark Salzberg said when creating the NGC registry, he like most collectors have a mix of NGC and PCGS coins in their collections.  If you buy the coin and not the holder that is the way it should be.  I have not participated in the PCGS registry to any degree because they do not allow NGC coins.  When NGC followed suit I stayed with it for a while but progressively lost interest.  As someone who has a number of world coins, as a secondary collection to my U.S., NGC, in my opinion,  is far superior at grading non-U.S. coins.  So thank you to NGC for being the better sport and service.

John

sig.jpg

On 12/13/2019 at 5:07 AM, Jade Collection said:

I want them to allow PCGS coins to the World Registry, I have a few pcgs coins for the world coins I collect that I can add!!

I am with you on that. One of the major reasons why most Set Registries of French 20-franc gold rooster coins stagnate is the unavailability of NGC-graded material for the earlier (original) years, 1899-1906. Not sure whose fault that is. Sadly, the coins I seek -- which can be counted on one hand -- exist but languish outside the Registry in an inaccessible Twilight Zone.

Well i am not so sure i care about that.  I am a firm believe that NGC is not ummm lets say as lenient as other TPG company's.  I maybe wrong but i have seen plenty of others that i have laughed at and set back down.