• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1943/5 copper cent?? Help plz

8 posts in this topic

Sorry, but I don’t think so. Among other considerations, the top of a “3” would be curved and there is nothing showing where the distinctive bottom left portion of the numeral would be.

Thank you , although It is curved the pics are only under a 2x scope with crappy lighting I can try to get a few better pics I've taken it to 2 different coin shops in the STL area both were very intrigued with it.i know the pics don't do it justice

1 hour ago, Rob1983 said:

Thank you , although It is curved the pics are only under a 2x scope with crappy lighting I can try to get a few better pics I've taken it to 2 different coin shops in the STL area both were very intrigued with it.i know the pics don't do it justice

You seem to be ignoring the shape of the “3” on 1943 cents. Look at a few pictures of them -including the shape and placement relative to the other numerals - and think about why you don’t see any evidence of the distinct, lower left portion that should be apparent. It’s not a matter of photography and/or magnification.

Better photos will not make the coin what it is not. Damaged, nothing more. But keep looking and learning.