• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Addressing AT allegations on a Coin Forum

6 posts in this topic

I'm interested in how people would respond to the quote shown below that alleges that Teletrade was a dumping ground for coin doctors trying to sell their AT coins that got by the TPGs

Doesn't seem to be a whole lot of folks around anymore who remember Teletrade. They were one of the primary venues for the coin doctors selling their AT but cleanly graded coins. Every week and sometimes twice a week they'd have their toned coins auctions. There were so many of them back then that even 2 auctions a week wasn't enough to keep up with all that were being churned out.

For now, I would prefer to keep the name of the poster and the forum anonymous.

Thoughts?

I can remember buying from Teletrade when they had some really nice coins. You could sometimes get them at a reasonable price, too. It did seem as though they had more problem coins toward the end of their venture - from around 2010 and later.

Yes, above post...towards the later part their were problems...Earlier was able to get some really nice coins at decent prices...still have some with the teletrade sticker...I think it got bad when alot of "Rainbow" toned Morgan's hit the scene...I remember some varieties went for $$ stupid cheap...still have the 94-95? prices realized book...really interesting & get you thinking when you look through it...just my opinion...